Update SSS Records – Any SSS member is required to update the data information or records for any changes such as marital status and beneficiaries.
The process is simple and all you have to do is to visit to the nearest SSS office and bring all the necessary requirements. Request for the SSS E-4 form, fill out and submit it including the requirements.
Here are the basic requirements in changing or updating your SSS records:
- Change of membership type
SSS members who will change from employed to self-employed, you’ll just need to fill out the form, but no documents required. However, if you will change to non-working spouse, you will need to accomplish the Working Spouse’s Member Data Change Request form in which the name of the NWS is indicated.
- Correction of name or date of birth
Requirements needed include;
- Passport or birth certificate
- Any two of the valid ID’s indicating the correct name and date of birth such as driver’s license, GSIS IC card, medical or health card, PAG-IBIG transaction card, ID card issued by LGU, PhilHealth ID card, Postal ID, PRC card, TIN card, Senior Citizen card and Voter’s ID card.
- Correction of gender
- Birth certificate of the applicant/passport
- SS Form E-1 indicating the correct gender
- For incorrect entry of gender in the birth certificate, you’ll need Court Order
- Change of civil status
- Marriage certificate or marriage contract if the member is changing civil status from single to married
- Decree of Legal Separation if changing status from married to legally separated
- If changing from married to widowed, the applicant is required to submit the death certificate of the spouse. In case of presumed death, the spouse should submit a Court Order declaring presumptive death
- For reversion of status from married to single (for legally married), a Certificate of Annulment or Nullity of marriage is required. If the reversion is due to divorce, a decree of divorce should be submitted
- If the applicant is not legally married, the applicant must submit an affidavit attesting to non-existence of marriage with the previously reported spouse, or a CENOMAR issued by the NSO
- Update of beneficiaries/dependents
When adding your spouse as dependent, you’ll need to submit marriage certificate/marriage contract. Baptismal certificate or birth certificate is required if you will add your children as dependents
Read also: How to Avail the ASENSO Loan Program of SSS
Aside from those details mentioned above, it is also important to update the bank information and contact number of the SSS member.